Welcome!


This is the story of life's financial struggles & victories through the eyes of a young woman up to her eyes in debt. Enjoy :)

Find me on Twitter! @OhStudentLoans

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Numbers Don't Lie

The dawn is closing in on what was a beautiful sunny Nashville, Tennessee Saturday so why not take this time to dwell on my private student loans?!

Ha, all joking aside, it really has been a good Saturday (I worked until 3pm) so I won't tear down the whole day with this post, but I wanted to give y'all an update of where I stand. Strictly speaking in numbers.

The total amount of loans that I borrowed for school (in 2007 & 2008) is $68,545.00.
As of TODAY I have paid Sallie Mae a total of $22.510.32 (of which, $875.85 went to my principal).
As of TODAY I still owe $78,950.18.

Is that ringing as loud for you as it is for me?! I only borrowed sixty eight thousand, have paid over twenty two thousand and yet I still owe almost seventy nine thousand dollars. This is where I would insert 2 or 3 demeaning punch words to show how utterly sick it makes me to look at these facts, but I just don't have the words. I can not mentally wrap my mind around the FACT that a company can get away with this. Punch word followed by another punch word ending in a horrific hashtag.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great article. I have been struggling with my student loans for a few months now and I needed to find a solution. I heard of a lot of forgiveness programs so I researched sioux falls loans on the internet and I found a lot professionals who I can talk to. I am sure they need to learn more about my financial situation before recommend me a program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up! I know how it is, I paid off $63K plus $17k in interest... It sucked, but it can be done. Read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey and www.studentdebtmonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...looks like a good place to get useful information..Thumbs up for you..
    You can also get some kind of useful information at
    Student Zoom

    ReplyDelete