Welcome!


This is the story of life's financial struggles & victories through the eyes of a young woman up to her eyes in debt. Enjoy :)

Find me on Twitter! @OhStudentLoans

Thursday, October 13, 2016

About.com/The Balance Hosted Me in NYC!

How'd she do it? Grab a cup of coffee and join us for a Facebook
Live chat with college debt success story, Jessica Elberfeld
 moderated by Jean Chatzky!
I just got back from having an amazing time in NYC! The folks at About.com reached out to me in hopes of having me participate in a Facebook Live Session at their NYC office. The interview was to aid in the launch of their new financial site, The Balance, where the financial editor of The TODAY Show, Jean Chatzky, would be moderating. How could I say no to that, right?!

My friend Scarlett went to the interview with me, and everyone there was so kind towards both of us. Security checked her in as my 'representation' so she got a real kick out of that :) I wasn't sure what to expect as the live conversation was set up to be pretty candid. But whenever you live this debt stuff day in and day out for many years, you can talk to it just fine; I didn't get too nervous about not knowing what questions were going to come my way.

Before we started the live interview, we were all standing around chatting and introducing ourselves. I have to say, being in a room with like-minded people who were there to applaud my debt pay-off accomplishments instead of question them, was very surreal. These people study money. They live and breathe it. Their studio (which was in the same Times Square building as Good Morning America!) felt like the ultimate safe-zone to completely nerd out in with zero judgement. I am telling you, it is rare to find a person, let alone a group of people, that can talk about finances for hours on end without falling asleep mid sentence.

In summary, the trip was awesome and the interview went well! Here is the live video if you want to give it a watch:



Here are some pictures from the trip!

Me & Jean!

Hanging out on Wall Street

The BULL!

Night out in Times Square!

Plane fun - I heart NY!


4 comments:

  1. very useful information.. thanks for sharing

    Thanks a lot for the post.as I was looking for

    ReplyDelete
  2. you looking for a mortgage? Looking for a quick loan or a funding firm for a business deal, contact us today at Atlas-loan company for a loan or investment funding from $5,000.00 to $100,000,000.00.
    **Personal Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
    **Business Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
    **Car Loan (Secure and Unsecured)
    **Debt consolidation Loans (Secure and Unsecured)
    Contact us Today in our loan Office (amoglobalfund@gmail.com)

    IF INTERESTED FILL THE FORM BELOW

    FIRSTNAME:

    LASTNAME:

    COUNTRY:

    PHONE NUMBER:

    LOAN AMOUNT NEEDED:

    DURATION:

    MONTHLY INCOME:


    Best Regards,
    Mr.climiller .
    Amo_Global funding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Loan Seeker

    we are a USA based financial company offering loans to individuals and company at 2% interest rate, if you are interested email us today via slotloanfunds@gmail.com
    NOTE: All replies are to be forwarded to slotloanfunds@gmail.com

    Regards
    Mr Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thanking God Almighty for everything he has done for me and my family, My own Story started in 2010 when i was seeking for a loan in one loan firm in south africa and i spent all the money i had and i even sell all my properties here in UK and i did not get the loan. Mr kesse the man that later gave me a loan on-line in USA, This man gave me a loan of $50,000.00 dollars which i invested in my business here in Uk now i have recover all My properties back. Thank you very much Mr kesse moore and i can not stop thanking you untill i tell the whole world how good you are and have been to me and my family.you can contact Mr kesse via email: kessemoore@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete