Welcome!


This is the story of life's financial struggles & victories through the eyes of a young woman up to her eyes in debt. Enjoy :)

Find me on Twitter! @OhStudentLoans

Friday, May 6, 2011

Up A Creek

While googling about student loans yesterday, I stumbled upon an article titled, "Tackling Private Student Loans." However, the author talks more about how to get out of Federal loan debt than she does Private debt. I saw the word, 'tackling' and thought I was about to embark on an aggressive repayment plan to later be told the more I read that "You'll just have to bite the bullet." Needless to say, the real gold is not in the article itself, but the comments below the article. It gets good. Or bad, I should say...

The one paragraph comments from readers below the article are like quick punches in the face. Or like experiencing a brief moment of water boarding, either one. I am not sure what either of those examples feel like, but you get the point. They tell you who they are in a nutshell,  how much they owe, then tell you they cannot do a thing about their debt no matter what they try. Almost every one of the comments end on a depressing FACT. The fact being there is NOTHING any of us can do about it.

Maybe the author was right, you just have to bite the bullet; but I believe we should bite the bullet while still putting up a fight. Anyway, read the comments. They might give you a sense of community like they did me. It's good every now and again to read about someone else to know you aren't the only one without paddles.

Click here to view the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment